Business Development Manager (Acquisition) / B2B Sales
Combination of Field-based (NI) Office-working and Working from Home
£25,000-£30,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
Realistic potential on-target-earnings £32,000 – £41,000 per annum (uncapped)
FTZ Telecoms is an O2 Franchise and is a leading telecommunications company with over 20 years of experience in the industry. We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager (Acquisition) to join our award-winning team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join an established company and a leading brand. We are proud to offer our team the opportunity to work with O2 – the leading brand in mobile technologies.
We offer a secure and supportive working environment for our people, supporting our people through our ethos of a flexible approach, and an excellent benefits package (see below). We actively promote personal development and internal growth / promotional opportunities.
So, if you’d like to be a part of our growth plans for the future, we’d love to hear from you!
As an Acquisition Business Development Manager, you will develop new relationships and manage a portfolio of SMBs (small-medium businesses) throughout Northern Ireland.
This role aims to develop and deliver new acquisition business opportunities through targeted market-making activities and prospect-to-sale management, selling the full range of O2 solutions and services.
The successful candidate will genuinely care about our customer’s needs and ensure that every contract delivers benefits both for O2 and for our customers. Whilst the preference is that the successful candidate will have mobile industry sales experience, other candidates would be considered if they have a passion and knowledge of B2B sales, good knowledge of ICT technologies, proven academic ability, an open attitude towards learning, proven tenacity, and a willingness to work extremely hard.
The main responsibilities of the Business Development Manager role are:
- Implement the company’s sales strategy in NI
- Develop mobile revenues with a focus on new business development
- Also developing mobile revenues by retaining current customers via upgrades and employing a consultative approach to sales
- Manage client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle, ensuring we care for our customers, thus retaining our valued customers
- Understand and develop relationships within your territory to drive new business opportunities both on a one-to-one basis and by group sales presentations
- Actively generate new customers by attending face-to-face meetings with self-generated leads.
- Acquire referrals at every available opportunity. Develop and self-generate leads using numerous methods.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the assigned geographical area and its business opportunities.
- Achieve assigned activity goals and other defined KPI targets for the territory
- Maintain an up-to-date sales / technical knowledge of O2’s product portfolio
- Customer Relationship Management – Develop and manage a customer pipeline using our CRM.
- Use Salesforce CRM for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports
- Communicate effectively with internal operational teams and product support teams
- Help raise the profile of the company with key decision makers
- Deliver outstanding levels of customer service in line with the company vision.
- Project a professional impression of the Company
- Willing to go above and beyond to contribute to the overall improvement and success of the business
- Prospect and attend B2B Networking Events
- Any other duties which the role may include
12 months experience with a high level of achievement in a B2B Sales Role
A Relevant Degree (Business-related / Sales and Marketing) and the aptitude to develop into a B2B Sales Role with relevant support and guidance.
And previous experience working within a sales environment (either paid or placement) would also be desirable.
- Generate leads, build, and maintain outstanding relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to self-motivate, effectively plan and multi-task working both independently and within a team
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication SkillsComputer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word software.
- A full valid Driving licence and access to a suitable work vehicle to carry out the duties of the role **
- Previous experience in a similar role within the mobile sales industry
- A full clean Driving licence **
* * This criteria will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving, but who is able to confirm suitable alternative arrangements
Shortlisting for interview will be based on demonstrating in your application how you meet the above Essential and where possible Desirable criteria. We reserve the right to only consider for shortlisting those candidates who confirm they will be able to travel to Northern Ireland to fulfil the job requirements and who also complete the brief automated telephone interview.
(Should a candidate experience any technical difficulties with the automated telephone interview place contact us to let us know.
Salary and Benefits
Job Types: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 – £30,000.00 per year
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- Unlimited commission
- Mobile Phone / Laptop
- Company Car
- Immediate Start
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programme
- Personal Development and Growth Opportunities
- Company car
- Additional leave
- Free Parking
- Referral programme
- Health & Wellbeing programme
Supplemental Pay Types
- Bonus Scheme
Ability to Commute/Relocate
- Hybrid remote in Derry.
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com and include the Reference ID
You can also apply directly via Indeed
Reference ID: BDM/06/23